Rainbow Six Siege's 1.2GB Update 2.1 is rolling out today on PC and February 16 on PS4 and Xbox One, fixing a host of known issues and also implementing Custom Game Modes and Spectator Camera on dedicated servers.
Custom Games and Spectator Camera on dedicated servers
10 player Custom Games can now be hosted on dedicated servers, which offers a fair gameplay environment that better suits competition. Dedicated servers means no host advantage, better stability, and makes it harder to cheat. We also are making the Spectator Camera feature available on dedicated servers, allowing an 11th person to observe matches held on those servers.
General Tweaks & Improvements
Tweaked Blitz's head model and hitbox to have the same amount of exposure as the other shield-wielding Operators and Recruits. Blitz's opponents were able to headshot him with ease over his shield due to his big head model. We have reduced the size of his head model and made his shield taller.
Tweaked recoil on certain weapons in order to make them more controllable.
- PKP Pecheneg
- (PC only) AUG
Added HUD presets in Custom Games to accommodate different needs
- Added ESL Pro League S1 HUD, which is the preset chosen by ESL for their tournaments.
- Altered Hardcore HUD, which is our first iteration leading to the Hardcore Mode. It is not final and is just a first step we can share as we work on completing the Game Mode.
Daily Challenges now accumulate daily without needing to log in
- Players no longer need to log in at least once every 24 hours to get a new challenge. Instead, one challenge is granted every day to every player that has at least one free challenge slot, even if they don't log in.
Fairfight cheating kick message updated to make it clearer
- When a player is banned, an unclear message was broadcasted to all players playing in public matchmaking '[PLAYER] has removed from the match by FairFight™.' From now on, the message '[PLAYER] has been banned from the game by FairFight™.' will be broadcasted instead.
Main Bug Gameplay fixes
- Operators sometimes are displayed in T-Pose, slide around the maps and don't have any textures. - FIXED
- Headshot hits do not register properly. - FIXED (We will keep looking for additional improvement opportunities.)
- Exploit: Kapkan's trap can have an invisible laser if specific steps are followed. - FIXED
- Exploit: Bandit could duplicate the batteries in his inventory by doing a certain behavior. - FIXED
- Exploit: Players able to clip inside walls using Deployable Shields. - FIXED
- Collar collision on Frost and Buck, make headshots register as upper body damage. - FIXED
- Glaz is able to take down Castle Barricades with only 4 shots. - FIXED
- Player able to clip inside walls by using Deployable Shields. - FIXED
- Nitro Cells stick to the edges of tiny leaves on plants. - FIXED .
- Switching weapons takes Buck out of the Skeleton Key mode. - FIXED
- Blitz's gadget blinds players who were not facing it. - FIXED
- Frost's Welcome Mat is not destroyed when placed on a trap door which is then reinforced. - FIXED
- Sometimes, players get an infinite reload animation. - FIXED
- Sometimes, players cannot reload their weapon. - FIXED
- Player has a jammed screen if holding the drone in his or her hand near a Signal Disrupter. - FIXED
- If an attacker is killed at the same time as they finish placing the defuser, the defender won't be able to disable it. - FIXED
- Armored barricades placed by Castle appear as intact when Castle is looking at them, while they are displayed as destroyed for other players. - FIXED
- PVE: Inconsistency between the number of AI displayed to be killed at the start of the session on Yacht and the one displayed for the rest of the maps on all difficulty levels. The amount of AI spawning was not the same as the amount of AI displayed. It was 20 on all difficulty levels while it should have been 22 (normal), 26 (hard) and 30 (realistic). - FIXED
- (PC) Cannot HOLD Sprint when Walk is set to TOGGLE. - FIXED
- Yacht: when playing during daytime with Montagne, broken glass decals are completely dark. - TENTATIVE FIX (We will be tracking for it once Patch
There's plenty more to see over on the Rainbow Six forums.