Nintendo has released an updated release schedule detailing what it has in store for the remainder of the year for all current systems. The DS is as usual the dominant platform, with several massive releases set to arrive before the year end. The much anticipated DS Browser will be released on October 6, followed by English Training on October 13, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team on November 10. Yoshi's Island 2 (tentative name) is also set for release this year, currently scheduled for release on December 1.
Full Nintendo DS Schedule:
- 42 All-Time Classics (Nintendo) 29th Sept 2006
- Nintendo DS Browser (Nintendo) 6th Oct 2006
- English Training: Have fun improving your skills (Nintendo) 13th Oct 2006
- Sudoku Master (Nintendo) (tentative name) 27th Oct 2006
- Actionloop (Nintendo) 27th Oct 2006
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (Nintendo) 10th Nov 2006
- Mario Slam Basketball (Nintendo) 10th Nov 2006
- Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (Nintendo) (tentative name) 24th Nov 2006
- Yoshi's Island 2 (Nintendo) (tentative name) 1st Dec 2006
- Harvest Moon DS (Rising Star Games/Nintendo) Q4 2006
On the Game Boy Advance there is a single title to look forward to - it's a big one though. Coinciding with the DS release, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team will arrive on November 10. Also looking a little thin in the release department is the GameCube, which sees Harvest Moon and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess released in the final quarter of 2006.
Obviously many of Nintendo's new titles will be released on the Wii when it finally appears later this year, but the platform holder is still staying tight-lipped on when exactly this will be.