Missed this afternoon's Nintendo Direct? Well, you didn't miss much... But nevertheless, Nintendo did choose to lift the lid on a handful of new Sonic titles heading to Wii U later in the year, as well as reveal new information on Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101 and New Super Luigi U.
Want to know more? Here's a summary of today's Nintendo Direct news:
- Nintendo announces that it has entered into a worldwide partnership with SEGA on the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise. The partnership offers Nintendo the exclusive rights to publish or distribute the next three Sonic titles.
- Sonic: Lost World, a brand new action-adventure Sonic title outed earlier this week, is set to launch exclusively on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. A release date has yet to be announced, but more details will be revealed in the weeks ahead.
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, the latest title in the Mario & Sonic: Olympic Games series, will launch on Wii U later this year. The game includes classic events such as curling, skiing and snowboarding, as well as new events including figure skating. More details are to be announced soon.
- New Super Luigi U, the upcoming DLC for New Super Mario Bros. U, will release on Wii U eShop on June 20. Alternatively, a standalone disc release will be available for a limited time from July 26.
- Platinum Games' mass-hero action game The Wonderful 101 releases in Europe on August 23.
- Pikmin 3 will land in Europe on July 26, complete with off-screen play.
Another Nintendo Direct featuring information on Wii U titles due for release this autumn and beyond will broadcast in early June.
To catch up on today's broadcast, head through to today's live chat for a recording.
Source: Nintendo Direct