Every country has their own offensive gestures that don't translate to other parts of the world. Pumping your arm in celebratory fashion and putting your other hand on your bicep mightn't mean much in the UK, or Japan, but in Latin America and parts of continental Europe, you might as well be sticking up your middle finger.
Nintendo has patched out this exact motion that Splatoon 2's Inkling Girl used to perform in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in the new 1.1 update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
NeoGAF user Neiteio highlighted the change which is pretty subtle and no longer sees the paint-happy girl tell all her opponents to fuck off, basically.
The full list of patch notes are below:
- Opponents' names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- "Worldwide" and "Regional" modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl's animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.