Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Agent 47, a new movie based on the Hitman video game series, will still go ahead after Homeland star Rupert Friend signed up to play the titular role.
Paul Walker’s death in November had led to concern over the future of the Agent 47 project, but Fox is believed to be confident that the popularity of the franchise will carry the pic even without a star in the lead.
It’s unclear when production will begin, but prior to Walker’s death everything was set for February. Aleksander Bach will direct.
Best Cyber Monday deals 2023
- WD Black SN850X 1TB- $79.99 (was $180)
- ASUS TUF RTX 4060 Ti OC - $409.99 (was $460)
- Alienware AW2724DM QHD - $327.99 (was $500)
- Razer Huntsman V2 TKL - $79.99 (was $160)
- Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless - $89.99 (was $150)
The first Hitman movie had a budget of $25m, but went on to make $92m in takings.