Trusted Reviews has issued an apology to publisher Take-Two following the publication of a story earlier this year leaking gameplay details on Red Dead Redemption 2. 

The article in question was published on February 6, and featured info obtained from a 'confidential corporate document' that mentions a battle royale mode among other details on the then-upcoming Wild West title.

Trusted Reviews has since removed the article and replaced it with an apology, with a settlement fund of £1 million being directed to three charities of developer Rockstar Games' choosing. 

'Take-Two takes security seriously and will take legal action against people or publications who leak confidential information,' developer Rockstar Games told Variety in a statement. 'Because this situation involved information about ‘Red Dead Redemption 2,’ Rockstar Games directed the settlement funds to these three great charities: the American Indian College Fund, the American Prairie Reserve, and the First Nations Development Institute.'

'On February 6, 2018, we published an article that was sourced from a confidential corporate document. We should have known this information was confidential and should not have published it. We unreservedly apologise to Take-Two Games and we have undertaken not to repeat such actions again. We have also agreed to donate over £1 million to charities chosen by Take-Two Games,' said Trusted Reviews.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is out now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Carry on the conversation on the VideoGamer forums!