Football Manager 2013 will be released for iOS and Android devices at midnight tonight, SEGA and Sports Interactive have announced.
This year's game includes up-to-date player and competition data, plus a range of gameplay enhancements brought about by player feedback. These include:
- An all-new player comparison module (allowing managers to compare potential recruits against existing squad members or existing squad members against one another).
- Player photos (in licensed leagues)
- An increase in the number of playable leagues (from 12 to 14)
- A player form 'hot list'
- The facility to promote reserve team players to the first-team squad
- Club captain selection
- Improvements to the in-game news, media interaction and match engine
- Twitter support for all devices - allowing managers to share their exploits with friends
- A host of in-game achievements for manager to strive towards
You can also expect user interface improvements, including skins developed for the most popular tablet devices and support for Retina Display.
Players will be able to purchase a range of unlockable features, including the "sugar daddy", the option to expand the stadium, and the ability to manage the national team. All of these extras can be earned through in-game achievements.
The game also sees the return of challenges, including the new "Dangers of Capitalism" challenge.
SEGA's confirmed the game will be priced £6.99 on both digital stores.
Source: Press release