Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Far Cry Outpost, a new companion app for Far Cry 3, has launched for iOS and Android platforms, Ubisoft has announced.
Designed to be used during multiplayer and co-op, players can decode encrypted data found during sessions to earn weapon modes and customise loadouts.
The app will also track player progress through the daily and weekly challenges, check out stats and keep track of the maps created via the in game map editor.
- Decode the encrypted data you find in game to unlock advanced weapon mods and earn bonus XP. Don’t wait until you’re playing the game to start decoding. Instead, decode on the go! Once you unlock a weapon mod, you can accept it, give it to one of your friends or sell it for more XP straight from your phone.
- View and customize your Loadouts so that you’re ready to play once you’re back in the game.
- Keep track of your progress through the Daily and Weekly Challenges. Completing these Challenges will earn you XP.
- Check out your personal stats and the stats of your friends, including time played, level, top weapons, awards and more.
- Keep track of the maps you’ve made in the Map Editor. You can follow the current tier placements and how many people have liked or favourited your maps.
You’ll find the iOS version here – https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/far-cry-the-outpost/id576781855?mt=8
Whilst the Android version can be downloaded here – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.farcry.outpost
Source: Press release