The promised Dishonored 2 title update to address the game’s performance on PC has been released in beta via Steam.
1.2 beta provides a host of performance and optimisation improvements, including “reduced framerate stuttering”.
In addition, players are recommended they download Nvidia driver 375.95.
- How to access the Steam Beta
- Log into Steam.
- Right Click on Dishonored 2 in your Library.
- Select Properties.
- Select Betas.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select BetaPatch.
- Select OK.
- Wait a few minutes for game to update.
- When done, Dishonored 2 [BetaPatch] should appear in our Library.
Update v 1.2 Overview
General performance and optimisation improvements
- Auto-detection of the Visual settings was re-worked based on player feedback and observed issues. If still experiencing issues after updating drivers and downloading patch 1.2, advise using the “Restore Settings” option to apply the recommended settings for your hardware.
- Max pre-rendered frames is now managed by the game, advise removing any previous manual customizations in graphics driver control panel
- Fixes multiple related to game logic
- Fixed various issues related to user interface
- Fixed various issues related to mouse/KB and gamepad, including: —- Mouse smoothing is now set to minimum by default
- Fixed various issues related to using alt-tab related bugs
- Fixed various issues related to multiple monitors —- Fixed a bug where Resolution Scaling was deactivated when the game ran above 30 FPS —- Changed the Resolution Scaling settings to be more clear
- Added new settings in the Options menu: —- Added a Framerate Limiter so the player can limit framerate fluctuation when playing without V-sync —- Added TAA Sharpness option —- Added more options to V-Sync settings. NOTE: If you previously disabled V-sync, please check your FPS limiter setting to ensure it is set to your desired limit. —- Added Triple Buffering option
Update 1.2 notes: PERFORMANCE
- Reduced framerate stuttering
- Added a customizable FPS limiter to reduce the fluctuation
- Framerate capped at 120 FPS to prevent physics issues which occur only above 120fps
- Max pre-rendered frame is now managed by the game
- Adjusted Texture Details settings so settings make a significant visual and performance change
- Fixed a bug where AMD GPU experienced huge framerate drops when there is cloth simulation in the environment.
- Adjusted ocean settings for perf improvement
- Added frequency in V-sync UI
- Fixed a bug where VRAM usage was higher than available VRAM
- Fixed a bug where auto-detected settings were set too high for certain hardware
- Added HBAO+ support for AMD GPUs
- Fixed a bug where turning HBAO+ ON created some bad shadowing on player’s hands
- Removed Environment Details settings as it was strongly tied to View Distance
- Removed Fog Quality settings as it was not impacting the visuals or providing performance advantages
- Adjusted auto detected settings for R9 290X2
- Fixed a bug where Water Quality settings was only impacting ocean, not canals or pools
- Improved CPU cores utilization on high and low-end machines
Unfortunately many users are reporting that issues remain, or have worsened with the introduction of update 1.2.