Call of Duty Elite will be completely free with Call of Duty: Black Ops II, with DLC being offered separately through a season pass or via ad-hoc map packs, Activision has announced.
Whilst the content will be a timed exclusive on Xbox 360, once content is released for a specific platform it will be available to all players on that platform at the same time - there will be no more Elite drop dates, followed by Content Collection drop dates.
"We've learned a lot in our first year of Call of Duty Elite, and we're very proud that we over delivered on our commitment of playable content to our premium members," said Activision Publishing CEO, Eric Hirshberg. "What we have realized is that several of the Call of Duty Elite services which are currently only available to our premium members for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3 are things that would further unite, engage and delight our player community. So we are going to make them free for Call of Duty: Black Ops II."
Coming to Xbox LIVE first, four Call of Duty: Black Ops II DLC Map Packs will deliver a variety of new Multiplayer and Zombies playable content and are expected to be available in 2013. The Season Pass will deliver all four Call of Duty: Black Ops II DLC Map Packs at a discounted suggested retail price of 4000 Microsoft Points, versus the regular DLC Map Pack price of 1200 MS Points each.
Call of Duty Elite for Black Ops II will offer:
- Player HQ - Track Call of Duty: Black Ops II performance with rich game statistics, including enhanced match information such as heat maps and recent match data; track challenges and extensively modify your classes like never before using Treyarch's new Pick 10 Create-a-Class system.
- Clan HQ - Join an existing clan or start your own, invite friends and then take part in Call of Duty: Black Ops II clan competitions with cool digital prizing.
- Zombies Support - For the millions of Zombies fans out there, now you can track your Zombies personal statistics and compare it to other players' around the world.
- Call of Duty Elite TV - Launching with tablet support with Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the new Call of Duty Elite TV will deliver a renewed community focus featuring developer tips and strategy programming, custom class overviews and more.
- Social Sharing and Notifications - With Call of Duty Elite's new notification system, you can stay updated with what is going on in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, as well as communicate directly with your clan.
Black Ops II will be released worldwide on November 13, but it's not yet clear which platforms will support Elite.