DICE is finally adding premium currency to Battlefield V today, some five months after the World War II shooter launched. The best bit? It's not pay-to-win.
Premium Coins are the order of the day here, and can be used to snap up various in-game content, including cosmetics, elite sets, and time savers. Elite sets are perhaps the most interesting, as they're multiplayer characters that feature unique names and backgrounds, which I imagine adds a bit of personality into the mix.
As for time savers, there's two flavours up for grabs: Tier catch-ups and XP boosts. The former gives you access to chapter item rewards without doing the donkey work, while the latter simply boosts the amount of XP you earn. As such, you can level up your gear quicker.
It should be noted that only the cosmetics are being implemented in today's patch, with elite sets and boosts coming at a later date. There's two packs available to kick things off: the Starter Pack and the Premium Starter Pack.
- 500 Battlefield Currency
- Glacial – Face paint (Rare)
- Night Owl – Weapon Skin Set (Rare) for four weapons: Sturmgewehr 1-5, Sten, KE7, Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk I
PRemium Starter Pack:
- 3,500 Battlefield Currency
- Demolisher – Axis Soldier Outfit (Epic)
- Cool Hand Duke – Allied Soldier Outfit (Epic)
- Skorpion – Panzer IV Vehicle Skin (Rare)
- Icefire – Spitfire MK VA Vehicle Skin (Rare)
- Chromed Finish – Weapon Skin Set (Rare) for four weapons: Sturmgewehr 1-5, Sten, KE7, Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk I
Finally, it's probably worth having a gander at the patch notes for Battlefield V's latest update.