Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Namco Bandai has released a free and automatic title update for its Xbox 360 aerial combat title Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation. Namco notes that the update offers enhancements for the game’s online modes, said to result in a more “seamless and balanced experience”.
Full list of changes:
– The in-game HUD will now indicate when points are gained or lost in online play
– Players will now be penalized for crashing their aircraft, leaving the battlefield and being shot down by opponents in Team Battle and Battle Royale modes
– Players can now gain points by damaging enemy aircraft rather than making a complete kill in Team Battle and Battle Royale modes
– Players will now be invulnerable for a brief period of time after each respawn
– The overall strength of each special weapon has been updated for greater gameplay balance
– Players can now identify who is speaking in the pre-game lobby with a microphone icon next to their GamerTag
For more on Ace Combat 6 head over to the VideoGamer.com review.