2K has announced that Dwayne 'The Rock [Registered Trademark]' Johnson is the Executive Soundtrack Producer on WWE 2K18, a role which involves picking 11 tracks (a few of them are bangers, to be fair). He's got a lot on, though, what with carrying the hopes of many, being in half a dozen films at once, and turning into a silver fox somewhere along the way.
'Music is one of my soul’s anchors. All genres. I’m excited to celebrate my WWE roots by partnering with the 2K and Apple Music teams and share some of my favorite hardcore training songs with fans all over the world,' said Johnson, those actual words coming out of his literal mouth, presumably.
In keeping with the Rock's status as all things to all men, the 11 songs he 'hand selected' run the gamut, from Kanye West to Kid Rock (no relation), and managing to hit up Disturbed - Down With The Sickness along the way. Go on, my son. Here's the list in full.
- Blues Brothers — Soul Man
- Boston — Smokin'
- Bruno Mars — Runaway Baby
- Disturbed — Down With The Sickness
- Eazy-E — Boyz-N-The-Hood
- George Thorogood & The Destroyers — One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer
- Joe Walsh — Rocky Mountain Way
- Kanye West — Black Skinhead
- Kid Rock — You Never Met a White Boy Quite Like Me
- ¡MAYDAY! (feat. Tech N9ne) — Last One Standing
- Tech N9ne (feat. Krizz Kaliko, Serj Tankian — Straight Out The Gate
The soundtrack is available to stream now on Apple Music. It's described as 'executive produced and personally created' by The Rock, but it isn't really explained what the difference between those two things is.
WWE 2K18 is releasing on October 12 2017, on PS4 and Xbox One, and in the fall on the Nintendo Switch.
(I do actually quite like The Rock)