EA has announced that EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis 2 will be released worldwide in 2012 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, complete with support for PlayStation Move. There's no mention by EA of support for Kinect.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 will feature all four Grand Slam championships and is the only game to feature Wimbledon. In addition, the game features a roster of elite past and present players.
"We are very excited to bring the EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis franchise to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms and leverage the graphical power of these high definition consoles," said line producer Thomas Singleton. "Players will now get to experience the excitement and drama of serving it up on famous tennis venues such as Wimbledon's famed Centre Court."
New game features include:
- All-New Total Racquet Control: Control every shot with the right analogue stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys with precision, accuracy and power. Utilise this innovative control system to take your game to the top!
- Become a Champion: Become a true Grand Slam tournament champion by capturing all four major championships in succession. The prestige of some of the most historic events in tennis come alive like never before, including the Australian Open, French Open, U.S. Open and exclusive to EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis franchise – Wimbledon.
- PlayStation Move Support: The motion control experience gets you on your feet and puts a racquet right in the palm of your hands. From casual players to tennis masters, you truly have the chance to swing your way to victory.
- Legends of Now and Then: Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Bjorn Borg, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams and exclusive to EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise, seventeen-time winner of a Grand Slam® tournament John McEnroe.
- Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI: The playing styles and behaviours of the sport's greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend whether playing on hard court, clay or grass. The organic artificial intelligence adapts to your game so there's never a dull moment!
- ESPN Grand Slam Tournament Classics: Relive some of the most memorable moments in tennis. From Borg versus McEnroe to Nadal versus Federer, play your way through history unlocking up to 25 amazing moments of Grand Slam® tournaments.
- Deep Tennis Experience: Play countless hours of tennis in Play Now mode – singles and doubles, through a 10-year career or battle online. A wide variety of online gameplay features, Photo Game Face and more keep your experience fresh and authentic.