GameStop is waiting for your used copies of Battlefield 3.
Battlefield 3 won't hit UK stores until October 28, yet retailer GameStop is already promoting a trade-in deal which will see buyers pick up Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for only 99p.
This is how the deal works:
- Purchase a copy of Battlefield 3 for either the PlayStation 3 or for the Xbox 360 through www.gamestop.co.uk by no later than 11.59p.m.on October 27th 2011. A pre-paid postage envelope will be sent out with the Battlefield 3 games to every customer.
- Purchase a copy of Modern Warfare 3 for either the PlayStation 3 or for the Xbox 360 through www.gamestop.co.uk by no later than 11.59p.m. on November 7th.
- Return the copy of Battlefield 3 to GameStop in the pre-paid envelope provided so that we receive that copy by no later than 6pm on Friday 18th November.
- When GameStop receives your Battlefield 3 it will refund your credit or debit card with £40.98 meaning you get Modern Warfare 3 for just 99p, plus a chance to try Battlefield 3 first.
- The Trade-In Offer shall only apply to versions of Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 that are compatible with either the PlayStation 3 or the Xbox 360.
Trade-in deals for Battlefield 3 are sure to be everywhere come the launch of Modern Warfare 3 on November 8. EA will have to hope gamers are enjoying the game too much to part ways with it, or large quantities of pre-owned stock will hamper the game's legs into the new year.
Call of Duty titles have typically shown amazing stickiness in the chart, maintaining a chart presence up until the release of the next title in the franchise.