Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
The most recent update for Valorant introduced a new Agent Gekko. Whenever a new Agent is introduced there are always a few teething issues while they settle. It means, we often get a new patch a few days later, much like this one.
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2023-12-03
There a few changes to Gekko whilst there are also other bug fixes and more. You can see the full list of changes below.
Valorant Patch Notes 6.05: GEKKO
- Wingman’s (Q) Plant and Defuse targeting is now a little more forgiving when targeting a site.
- Audio ImprovementsAdded audio variations for Mosh Pit’s (C) explosionsAudio improvements for Dizzy’s (E) plasma blasts, which will help you easily identify if it’s flying towards you or towards an ally while in the air
- VFX ImprovementsAdded VFX to when Gekko is reclaiming an orb, as well as when the globule reclaim is completeImproved visuals for enemy creature globulesImproved performance in Agent Select
Valorant Patch Notes 6.05: Performance Updates
- Added “CPU Wait GPU Time” metric to performance settings in order to help players track when their machines are Render Thread bound
Valorant Patch Notes 6.05: Bugs
- Fixed a bug where Wingman wasn’t taking melee damage.
- Fixed a bug where ally Gekko orbs were showing up as white outside of custom Replication.
- Fixed multiple animation issues across all abilities.
- Fixed UI on Gekko’s ultimate staying on screen if the round ended while you’re possessing Thrash.
- Fixed a bug where Wingman wasn’t able to defuse the Spike after using Swap Team command in a Custom game.
- Fixed a bug where Wingman Spike plant casting allowed him to run too far of a distance if cast in midair.
- Fixed a bug where damage from Mosh Pit was avoidable while crouch jumping in the pit.
- Fixed bug where Wingman’s torso wouldn’t trigger Cypher’s Trapwire (C).
- Fixed a bug where the wrong animation played while casting Wingman.
- Fixed a bug where Gekko wasn’t able to plant in Spike Rush if Wingman was stopped from planting.
- Fixed display name of “Mosh Pit” showing up as “Mosh’s Pit”.
Valorant Patch Notes 6.05: Gameplay Systems
- Fixed a crosshair issue where the Import button is grayed out if you have 10 or more saved crosshair profiles
- The maximum number of profiles is still 15.
- Fixed a bug with damage-over-time area abilities where players could crouch jump to avoid damage.
Valorant Patch Notes 6.05: Perfomance
- Used Memory performance metric now updates when Total Memory performance metric is disabled.
Valorant Patch Notes 6.05: Social
- Fixed a bug where in cases of bad platform disconnection, players would appear more than once in the friends list.
- Fixed a bug where voice tooltips were sometimes incorrectly rendered when turning Party/Team voice chat on and off.
- Fixed a bug where the invite menu would sometimes flicker.
- Fixed a bug where unfriending an online player wouldn’t update the count of online friends.
- Fixed a bug where when a player enables Auto-Reject friend requests, any pending friend requests would still appear. Pending friend requests will now be auto-rejected when this setting is enabled.
- Fixed a bug where the system notification confirming a sent friend request would sometimes show whitespace.
- Fixed a bug to add a message notifying players that they will also be banned from playing competitive queue if they currently have a comms ban.