Ubisoft was one of the busiest bees at Gamescom this week, making a host of announcements and pumping out lots of trailers.
Quite honestly we can't be bothered to give each announcement its own news post, so here's a round-up of the best that Ubisoft has to offer.
Watch Dogs 2 Bounty Hunter mode
Bounty Hunter promises to enrich the online component of Watch_Dogs 2, which is seamlessly integrated with the single player experience.
The mode is tied to the police heat system and playable by two to four players. When a player creates too much chaos in the open world and is pursued by the police, the conflict may trigger a Bounty Hunter PVP event, pitting the target against up to three rival hunter players who seamlessly join the pursuit and try to neutralise the target. Additionally, players can manually trigger a bounty on themselves using the Contacts app on Marcus' in-game phone.
For Honor multiplayer modes and closed alpha test
For Honor's multiplayer modes are playable with and against other players or bots in split-screen coop on consoles. These multiplayer modes offer each player a different way to live the fantasy of being a skilled melee warrior on a believable battlefield:
- Dominion is a 4v4 objective-based mode in which two teams of four players fight for control of the battlefield. It's a mode that relies upon skill, communication and teamwork.
- Brawl 2v2: Each team of two players need to kill the two enemy Heroes to win a round. Skill, awareness, cooperation and the capacity to use the environment to the player's advantage are key components.
- Duel 1v1 puts two Heroes face-to-face in a fight to the death. Skill is fundamental in Duel, but as in Brawl, players have the possibility to use the environment to their advantage.
- Skirmish is a 4v4 Team Death Match mode. Combat skills are key, as players score points for their team by killing enemy Heroes.
- Elimination In this 4v4 mode, the last surviving player on the battlefield wins the round for their team.
The For Honor Closed Alpha playtest will take place September 15-18 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Visit forhonorgame.com to sign up.
Check out the game's factions in the trailer below.
Ghost Recon Wildlands Character and Weapons Customisation Trailer
Steep Launches December 2
Extreme sports title Steep will release December 2 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Check out the brand new trailer below.
The Crew Calling All Units
Racers have been owning the place until today - time to set the record straight! Join the cops and put an end to their supremacy in frantic, high-risk pursuits all over the USA.
The game's second major expansion will launch November 29 and includes brand new Cops vs. Racers gameplay, retuned police AI, 10 extra levels, and a wide range of new vehicles.
South Park: The Fractured But Whole new gameplay trailer