Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Nicalis and Studio Saizensen are co-working on a new ‘easy-input’ fighting game for Nintendo Switch, alongside the PlayStation 4 and PC versions. Last night Nicalis unveiled Blade Strangers during the Twitch official E3 live stream.
Studio Saizensen also developed the Nintendo 3DS game Code of Princess a few years ago. Characters from that game will feature along with Kawase from the Umihara Kawase series and Curly from Cave Story.
Blade Strangers game style is said to incorporate the speed and dynamism of Guilty Gear and Street Fighter, alongside the gameplay of Smash Bros. Sounds right up my alley.
New information and some of the games details have been expanded upon by the folks over at Nintendo Everything:
- Mission Mode, Versus Mode, Training Mode, and Online Mode
- Characters were made as 3D models, and turned into 2D sprites
- Story Mode will have cut-scenes, characters clashing, etc.
- Story Mode is sort of like a traditional arcade mode
- Mission Mode has you taking on specific tasks
- Training Mode lets you practice with a dummy
- Announcing more characters later
- Stages from the actual games.
No release date has been confirmed for the game, other than the vague 2018 release date.