A new week has begun, and Madden 23 Ultimate Team (MUT) has returned with its Weekly Wildcards Program, introducing fans with their Week 8 Edition today. Ever since it replaced Team Of The Week earlier in January, the Weekly Wildcards Program has been quite the hit, releasing some elite cards over the last two months.
In case you’re new to this fun feature in Madden 23, the Weekly Wildcards Program celebrates different levels of NFL experience, strength, and standout seasonal performances that were highlighted throughout the course of the 2022 regular season.
NOW READ: All TOTY Winners, Honorable Mentions, And More – Madden 23
Unlike previous Weekly Wildcards drops, this Week 8 release was a special one and came with 20+ new players, including eight new Champions and a Limited Edition (LTD) card. With the reveal taking place today at 10:30AM ET / 2:30PM GMT on ‘Good Morning Madden’, the in-game release went live shortly after at 11AM ET / 3PM GMT.
So what does the Week 8 issue of the Weekly Wildcards Program have to offer this time around? Find out down below where we cover the full list of new players and challenges that have arrived with the Week 8 release.
NOW READ:TODAY'S COIN MASTER FREE SPINS HAVE ARRIVED - FIND OUT WHAT THEY ARE HERE!
Madden 23: Weekly Wildcards Week 8 Players
The Weekly Wildcards Program has four different player categories. Each of these categories represent a certain type of NFL player. Here’s the different types:
- Heavyweight – A player who possess immense strength, size and fortitude for their position
- Rising Star – A promising young talent in the NFL that had a special 2022 season
- Standout – A player who had a standout performance over the 2022 season
- Veteran – A player who is a veteran to the game of football and the NFL
Aside from the Champions, every overall rating group of the Weekly Wildcards consists of a total of four players, one from each category and all of which were active over the 2022 NFL regular season. The Champions are the only overall rating group with two players from each category.
With that said, here’s all of the new players along with the LTD from the Weekly Wildcards Week 8 release in Madden 23:
Limited Edition (98 Overall)
- Jaelan Phillips (ROLB) – Dolphins
Champions (98 Overall)
- Keith Smith (FB) – Falcons – Heavyweight
- Kwity Paye (LE) – Colts – Heavyweight
- Taylor Decker (LT) – Lions – Standout
- Eric Kendricks (MLB) – Vikings – Standout
- Martin Emerson (CB) – Browns – Rising Star
- Talanoa Hufanga (SS) – 49ers – Rising Star
- DeSean Jackson (WR) – Ravens – Veteran
- Taysom Hill (TE) – Saints – Veteran
Heroes (96 Overall)
- Nick Leverett (C) – Buccaneers – Heavyweight
- Nicholas Morrow (MLB) – Bears – Standout
- Jamin Davis (ROLB) – Commanders – Rising Star
- Samaje Perine (HB) – Bengals – Veteran
High Elites (93 Overall)
- Tytus Howard (RT) – Texans – Heavyweight
- Cody Barton (MLB) – Seahawks – Standout
- Cole Strange (LG) – Patriots – Rising Star
- DaQuan Jones (DT) – Bills – Veteran
Low Elites (90 Overall)
- Chris Slayton (LE) – Packers – Heavyweight
- Sam Martin (P) – Bills – Standout
- Elijah Moore (WR) – Jets – Rising Star
- Arthur Maulet (CB) – Steelers – Veteran
READ MORE: All Week 7 Weekly Wildcards Players in Madden 23 Ultimate Team
Madden 23: Weekly Wildcards Challenges
To go along with the new Weekly Wildcards Program players, is a collection of challenges that offers fans the opportunity to unlock 87+, 88+ and now 90+ Overall Account Bound (BND) Weekly Wildcards Fantasy Packs.
The eighth edition of challenges (Week 8) contains a total of 32 stars, a maximum of four from each Weekly Wildcard Week 8 Champion. Once you complete every challenge from each Champion for their max four stars, you will be able to unlock the Week 8 90+ Overall BND Weekly Wildcards Fantasy Pack.
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2023-03-23