Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
A new patch for Batman: Arkham Knight has been released which may be of interest to PC gamers looking for more performance increases.
Whilst the patch offers a host of fixes, the standout point is “Improved VRAM management to reduce framerate hitches”.
It’s now clear now much of an impact the update has on performance.
- Fixed a hitch during some game saves
- Fixed a Windows 10 issue causing the game to be unresponsive on launch when the keyboard language was set to Japanese, Japanese Microsoft IME, Korean, Chinese (Traditional) or Chinese (Simplified)
- Fixed minor delay when aiming a gadget when playing with a keyboard and mouse
- Fixed a bug causing full screen movies to play at half the monitor’s refresh rate on some systems
- Fixed players sometimes not being able to counter the Mini-Gun Brute after being spotted when playing as Nightwing or Batman
- Fixed a performance drop that occurred when encountering Man-Bat for the first time
- Fixed some Multi-Monitor specific bugs
- Some improvements to mouse and keyboard bindings
- Improved VRAM management to reduce framerate hitches
- Stability improvements for rare crash issues
- Fixed an issue causing certain types of lights & shadows to render incorrectly
- Fixed an issue causing the game process to occasionally remain running in the background for a period of time
- Fixed the Knightfall Protocol not being able to activate under certain conditions
- Fixed a progression blocker that could occur in Stagg Airships when leaving the predator room after only knocking out one of the guards
- Fixed damage states for Batman’s V8.03 skin in Story Mode after selecting an alternate skin for AR Challenges
- Fixed missing rain effects on several Batman skins (fix for 1970s and Arkham Origins skins coming soon)
- Added support for new DLC releasing on November 24th
- Play as other characters in AR predator challenges