Microsoft has announced the Halo Wars Strategic Options Game Add-on Pack, available exclusively for Xbox 360 in the coming weeks.
Strategic Options features three new game modes designed to dramatically change the multiplayer experience and challenge players to rethink their battle tactics. The three new modes include:
• Keepaway Mode is the "Halo Wars" adaptation of Capture the Flag. Teams will battle it out to capture a free-roaming Forerunner Sentinel to score points before the other team. Capture three sentinels to claim victory.
• Tug of War Mode is all about having a stronger army than the opponent. Defeating enemies is essential, but success is determined by a combination of the army, buildings and resources left standing in the end.
• In Reinforcement Mode, all active battle units are provided in successive waves. Players must adapt their tactics and use the ever-changing set of units to outwit and outlast the enemy.
Strategic Options also adds four new Achievements worth a total of 100 points:
• "One and Done" (30 points): Score the winning point in a game of Keepaway against Legendary A.I.'s
• "Pull Hard, Pull Deep" (20 points): Win and never trail in a Tug of War game
• "Freak on a Streak" (20 points): Gain at least 15 population from a single wave in a Reinforcement game
• "Living Loving Bug" (30 points): Obtain a Scarab during a Reinforcement game
A release date and pricing will be announced soon.