Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi has detailed (via Twitter) the changes and additions coming to Gran Turismo 5 in the upcoming Spec 2.0 update. The download, set to arrive between October 9 and October 15, will bring a simplified interior view to all cars, a new opening movie and much more.
Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 update includes:
- Simplified interior view added to all standard cars
- User control of the weather change feature
- Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings
- Spec 2.0 opening movie
- Improved UI response and usability
- Replay fast forward/rewind
- Mid-race save feature for endurance races
- Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races)
- Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings)
- Expanded photo travel features - you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar
- Added a NASCAR Pit Scene stage to Photo Travel
- Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars
- Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Shulze Motor Sport
- Improved physics and AI
- Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel
Gran Turismo 5 earned an 8/10 in our Gran Turismo 5 review from late last year.
While there's a lot of good stuff here, a lot of gamers will be pleased with the interior view being added to all standard cars. Adding a new intro movie is pretty cool too.