Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
We are just over half way through the World Cup now, with the tournament really beginning to take shape. The dust is beginning to settle on an exhilarating Group Stage and Round of 16, and the tournament has certainly not disappointed.
During this time, we have received a few new promos in FIFA 23 to celebrate the players who have gone to the tournament and next up, it looks like we have World Cup Phenoms coming to FIFA 23.
Best Cyber Monday deals 2023
- WD Black SN850X 1TB- $79.99 (was $180)
- ASUS TUF RTX 4060 Ti OC - $409.99 (was $460)
- Alienware AW2724DM QHD - $327.99 (was $500)
- Razer Huntsman V2 TKL - $79.99 (was $160)
- Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless - $89.99 (was $150)
The World Cup Phenoms Promo coming to FIFA 23 looks to celebrate the best youngsters at the tournament. So let’s take a look at when we can expect the next promo in FIFA 23 to release, and what cards we will see introduced.
FIFA 23: World Cup Phenoms: Starboys Turned Leading Men
There are some cracking youngsters in this new promo, making Weekend League this weekend a must play. Here are the World Cup Phenoms in FIFA 23:
- ST, Rafeal Leao (Portugal/AC MIlan)
- CM, Jude Bellingham (England/Borussia Dortmund)
- ST, Lautaro Martínez (Argentina/Inter Milan)
- CM, Pedri (Spain/Barcelona)
- RM, Bukayo Saka (England/Arsenal)
- RB, Hakimi (Morocco/PSG)
- CM, Camavinga (France/Real Madrid)
- CAM, Reyna (USA/Borussia Dortmund)
- CDM, Guendouzi (France/Marseille)
- CB, Kounde (France/Barcelona)
- LM, Damsgaard (Denmark/Brentford)
- ST, James (Wales/Fulham)
- CB, Kehrer (Germany/West Ham)
When Will the World Cup Phenoms Promo Release in FIFA 23?
We are currently expecting this to be the next promo in FIFA 23. That would give us a release date of the 9th of December 2023. This also coincides with the next stages of the World Cup.
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2023-11-25
The reason why we think this new content will be released on the 9th, is because EA traditionally always releases new promo content on a Friday, so this sticks with that schedule. We imagine this promo will only be one week long, due to the tournament nearing a close very soon.
What Time Will the World Cup Phenoms Release in FIFA 23?
Pretty much all new content drops in FIFA 23 come at 6PM GMT / 1PM ET / 10AM PT, so this is what we would expect for the next promo coming to FIFA 23 too.
In the past promos have had to be delayed for a variety of reasons, but as long as the launch goes smoothly this is the time we would expect. It’s also incredibly likely there will be a mini drop on the Sunday at the same time.
FIFA 23 World Cup Phenoms Leaks
We haven’t seen too many players leaked yet for the upcoming promo but the few that we have seen are sure to be game changers. Especially as this event has a Future Stars feel to it too, this is a great way to use some of the players for the future now.
Here are all the leaked players so far:
- Jude Bellingham (England / Borussia Dortmund) – Jude Bellingham has been one of the stand out performers at the World Cup so far, and at only 19 years old he certainly fits the conditions of being a young exciting talent.
- Eder Militao (Brazil / Real Madrid) – Militao is just on the cusp of being too old for this promo, yet it is somehow surprising this player is still only 24 when you consider all that he has already achieved. This will be a must have card for anyone with a La Liga squad.
- Rafael Leao (Portugal / A.C. Milan) – The left winger has been playing his trade in Italy for a little while now and was crucial to AC Milan winning the Scudetto last season. This card will be a nuisance for opposition defenders, much like he is in real life.
- Rodrygo (Brazil / Real Madrid) – If this leak is true then two Brazilians both from Real Madrid will be a great combination together and probably very expensive too.
- Pedri (Spain / Barcelona) – If you’re going to have a promo in FIFA 23 celebrating youngsters, then pedi has to be there, and rightfully so it looks like he will be.
- Jules Kounde (France / Barcelona) – Another Barcelona player looks to be included in the next World Cup promo in FIFA 23. This amount of pace at the back is certain to cause problems.
- Eduardo Camavinga (France / Real Madrid) – The more leaks we see, the more this promo looks like it could have just been a La Liga promo, however Camavinga is certain to improve any midfield.
- Lautaro Martinez (Argentina / Inter Milan) – One of the older players on this list, the Argentina striker has been a constant for Inter Milan in recent years. This card is bound to be one of the best in Serie A.
- Bukayo Saka (England / Arsenal) – Saka has been crucial to both England and Arsenal’s success this season, there is no doubt that the talented young winger has earned this card. There are a lot of good English specials in FIFA, and now the RW is sorted too.