What a year it has been in football. Messi finally managed to get his hands on the one trophy that has always eluded him: the World Cup , Benzema helped drag Real Madrid to a 14th Champions League and Manchester City continued their dominance in the Premier League. With all that behind us, it is time to look at who we think will feature in this years TOTY in FIFA 23.
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2023-05-29
Where these players are voted for by the fans, it can be quite difficult to predict, but recency bias will definitely be a factor, with the World Cup having a lot of influence on voting. We will try our best anyway.
We now know when the voting begins for FIFA 23’s Team of the Year as well as who the nominees are so it makes it much easier to make our predictions.
FIFA 23 TOTY Full Squad Revealed:
We have now seen the full squad set to come in FIFA 23 TOTY and there are some stars to behold. Take a look below:
- GK, Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid/Belgium)
- RB, Achraf Hakimi (PSG/Morocco)
- LB, Theo Hernandez (AC Milan/France)
- CB, Virgil Van Dijk (Liverpool/Netherlands)
- CB, Eder Militao (Real Madrid/Brazil)
- CM, Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund/England)
- CM, Luka Modric (Real Madrid/Croatia)
- CM, Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City/Belgium)
- RW, Lionel Messi (PSG/Argentina)
- ST, Kylian Mbappe (PSG/France)
- ST, Karim Benzema (Real Madrid/France)
FIFA 23 TOTY Predictions:
Only 12 players can be included in this team, and we’re going to take a guess at who might feature. So let’s take a look at who has had a great year in football:
FIFA 23 TOTY Goalkeeper
- GK, Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid/Belgium) – Courtois was a stand out player during the Champions League win, especially in the final where he won Man of the Match.
NOW READ: Check Out All The Hot Deals At Green Man Gaming – 15% OFF Selected PC Games
FIFA 23 TOTY Defence
- LB, Theo Hernandez (AC Milan/France) – Hernandez is incredibly dynamic down the left hand side for AC Milan, as well as playing a key role in his country reaching consecutive World Cup Final. Also, he is very popular in FIFA which is bound to play a part in the voting.
- CB, Eder Militao (Real Madrid/Brazil) – The young Brazilian defender should get into the team based on his Champions League performances. He was also a stand out with Real Madrid winning the league.
- CB, Ruben Dias (Manchester City/Portugal) – With another league win under his belt, there are few defenders who have had a strong a year as Rúben Dias and a Manchester City defender has to be in there.
- RB, Achraf Hakimi (PSG/Morocco) – If it wasn’t for the World Cup Hakimi would be an unlikely favourite for the team. Yet he showed he can be a different player to what he is at PSG to help Morocco reach their first World Cup semi-final.
FIFA 23 TOTY Midfield
- CM, Luka Modric (Real Madrid/Croatia) – The Champions League and the World Cup are the two biggest competitions in football and Modric showed his class in both. Modric, despite being 37, is all but guaranteed to feature in this squad.
- CM, Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City/Belgium) – De Bruyne is comfortably one of the best players in the Premier League and one of the main reasons for Manchester City’s dominance.
- CM, Ernesto Valverde (Real Madrid/Uruguay) – This year Valverde has gone from a good player to a great one. He is scoring more goals now and more importantly he got the assist in the Champions League final to win the game.
FIFA 23 TOTY Attack
- LW, Kylian Mbappe (PSG/France) – This year Mbappe became only the second player to score three goals in a World Cup final. He also picked up the golden boot for the tournament, which should be enough to see him feature.
BUY NOW: 5% off FIFA 23 Points at Green Man Gaming
- ST, Karim Benzema (Real Madrid/France) – Mbappe showed his best on the World Cup stage, whereas Benzema showed his quality in the Champions League. Benzema dragged Real Madrid through these games and was their best player in the tournament. He is also the current Ballon d’Or holder.
- RW, Lionel Messi (PSG/Argentina) – Messi won player of the tournament at the World Cup, also lifting the trophy in the process. That’s enough to secure his place for us.
How Many Players are in FIFA 23 Team of the Year?
FIFA 23s Team of the Year normally includes 12 players. A main 11 and then a bonus 12th man who is also fan voted. This year we expect the 12th man to be Haaland.