With the release of FIFA 23, many gamers are looking to get their fix of competitive football action. One popular mode in the game is the World Cup, which pits teams of players against each other in a knockout-style tournament.
If you want to set up your own World Cup tournament in FIFA 23, here’s what you need to do.
How to Make a World Cup Tournament in FIFA 23?
First, you’ll need to create a custom tournament in the game’s menus. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select the “World Cup” mode from the main menu.
- Then, choose the “Create Tournament” option.
- You’ll be prompted to select a name and logo for your tournament and the number of teams competing.
- Next, you’ll need to choose your tournament format. There are three formats to choose from knockout, group, and custom.
- Once you’ve got your tournament set up, it’s time to invite some friends to compete. You can do this via the game’s menus or by sharing the tournament’s code with them.
- Finally, start the tournament. Go to the “Start Tournament” option in the main menu.
- Select the tournament you want to start and begin playing.
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2022-11-24
The tournament will progress like a normal World Cup, with teams advancing through the group stage and knockout rounds until a winner is crowned.
When selecting your team, you can choose real-life national teams or create your teams of players.
NOW READ: Best Microphone deals for Black Friday
For the FIFA World Cup, we recommend choosing the knockout format. You can also set the tournament to be played in any of the game’s available stadiums.
That’s all there is to it! You can easily turn your next FIFA session into a thrilling tournament with a little planning.