An enhanced version of David Cage's PS3 adventure Beyond: Two Souls will release digitally on PS4 next Thursday, November 26, Sony has announced.
The game will only be available digitally at launch, with a physical collection featuring both that and a remastered version of Heavy Rain set to arrive at retail on March 4, 2016.
The digital version of Beyond: Two Souls will cost £24.99, although those who pick it up will also be able to grab a discount on the digital version of Heavy Rain when it releases next year, ensuring they don't pay more for the two games separately than they would for the collection.
The PS4 version of Beyond features "enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows," and uses the DualShock 4 speaker to "improve immersion when playing as the Entity". You can see how it looks in screenshots here.
Also new to the PS4 version is the opportunity to replay the game in chronological order upon completion, and improved controls. You can check out the full list of new features in the list below.
- Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity
- Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players
- Once you have completed Beyond: Two Souls, you will be able to replay the game in chronological order - a much requested feature in the PS3 version!
- Increased difficulty in a number of fight scenes, combined with improved controls for action sequences
- Includes the "Enhanced Experiments" DLC in the base game