Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is a game that contains a plethora of features and a challenging grind to help you level up and further your progress. However, sometimes you just want a break from all of that and try something new. Fortunately, the devs at Game Freak have heard our prayers, and they’re about to release an exciting Charizard Event.
The event will allow you to catch a rare wild Charizard, which cannot be found in the original game yet. Although, this is easier said than done; catching the Charizard isn’t as easy as it sounds and will require you to put in a lot of effort. So without further ado, let’s dive in and see what the event offers and how you can get hold of this overpowered Pokemon.
Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Nintendo Switch OLED Console
Nintendo Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Bundle
Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet – Nintendo Switch
Charizard Tera Raid Time US
The Charizard event will be launched on 1st December at 4 p.m. PST/7 p.m. EST and will last for 3 days, till 4th December. If you’re busy during these days and won’t be able to play the game much, you’ll get a second chance on it as well. The event will also return on 15th December and will stay until 18th December.
NOW READ: Pokemon Nature Chart Explained (2022)
Charizard Tera Raid UK Time
The Charizard Tera Raid event will start in the UK on 1st December at 12 am GMT, and will last until 4th December at 11:59pm GMT. Don’t worry, if you are not ready for this event, there will be another Charizard Tera Raid event on the 15th December – 18th December.
What Does Charizard Event Offer
The event offers some great loot in the game that can help ease off your grind a little. Remember that you can only earn them while going toe-to-toe with Charizard. Some of the event rewards include the following:
|Exp Candy L||25|
|Exp. Candy XL||6|
|Dragon Tera Shard||15|
Besides the loot, you’ll have the chance to capture the main man, Charizard itself. Here are Charizard’s stats that’ll give you a rough idea of how amazing it can be:
How To Capture Charizard
To capture Charizard, you’ll need to participate in the Seven Star Charizard Tera Raid in Pokemon Violet or Scarlet and defeat him. To unlock the raid, you’ll need first to unlock the six-star raids, which can be done by completing the Academy Ace Tournament or by defeating Gyms in the Victory Road storyline.
If you haven’t progressed by that much in the storyline, you can just join the Tera Raid Battle online by joining through a link code or by going with some randoms. However, for this method, you’ll need a paid Nintendo Switch online subscription.
Tips To Beat Charizard
So now that we’ve gotten to our final battle with him, here are some things you should know that will help you beat Charizard in no time.
- A couple of things to keep in mind is that since Charizard has the Dragon Tera type, he’s weak in defending against Dragon and Fairy-type attacks. So to gain the upper hand on him, we recommend using a Fairy-type pokemon; otherwise, he will devour you before you know it, and Azumarill fits the description perfectly.
Note: You can also use Sylveon or Dachsbun if you don’t have Azumarill.
- We also recommend going up against him with a team. You can either recruit your friends or go with randoms that will make the job easier at hand.
- Once the battle begins, the first person in the team should use the Light Screen on the first turn, while others should focus on using Belly Drum while attacking.
- Use Rain Dance if Charizard uses Sunny Day to prevent it from powering up.
- Charizard will put up his Tera Health Shield once he has a quarter of his health left. This shield will regenerate 50% of his health back. Once he deploys the shield, one person on the team should use All Out Cheer (gives a buff to the whole team), while the others should use Terastilize (buffs your team’s defense).
- You should then use Play Rough, which is a damage-dealing Fairy-type move and has a 10% chance of lowering Charizard’s attack by one stage.
So, the Charizard event is just around the corner, and if you’re looking to get your hands on the majestic draconic creature, you should start getting geared up. Do you want to see more guides on Pokemon Scarlet and Violet? Why not take a look at our guides tab to learn more about the 9th Generation Pokemon games?