Title: "Too Human"
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Silicon Knights
Format: DVD for the Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: Holiday 2006
Product Overview: Step into the world of "Too Human," the next-generation third-person epic action game from renowned Canadian developer Silicon Knights. As the cybernetic god Baldur, you are thrust into the midst of an ongoing battle that threatens the existence of mankind. An ancient machine presence has forced the god's hand. In the first part of a trilogy, Baldur is charged with defending humanity from an onslaught of monstrous war machines bent on the eradication of human life.
In "Too Human," players are treated to a nonstop barrage of action powered by the seamless integration of melee and ranged firearms combat and fueled by breathtaking visuals enabled by the powerful combination of Xbox 360 and the Unreal Engine 3. Battles unfold in awesome scale as players engage with vast numbers of enemies. Gamers take it to the next level by playing the entire single-player campaign in multiplayer co-op mode via Xbox Live© or system link.
"Too Human" is produced by Silicon Knights, which brings a wealth of knowledge, story-based design and gameplay expertise to the next generation of video gaming.
- The birth of an icon. Fight as the powerful cybernetic god Baldur battling his way through enemy armies to become one of gaming's renowned iconic heroes. From weaponry and armor to combat techniques and combos, you can fully customize Baldur to become the best possible hero.
- Epic beginning to a captivating trilogy. Begin the saga of Baldur in the first chapter of an exciting three-part narrative in the tradition of classic trilogies such as "Star Wars" and "Lord of the Rings."
- Explosive melee and firearms combat. It will take more than brawn and raw strength to supplant the machine hordes. Utilize a sophisticated blend of seamless melee and firearms combat to vanquish foes near and far. Witness the fluid grace of heroes and enemies in battle as enacted by the acclaimed motion-capture group F.A.S.T. Feel each punishing blow through advanced visual effects made possible through the unmatched horsepower of Xbox 360 and the Unreal Engine 3.
- Advanced cinematic presentation. Characters and environments come to life with unparalleled visual fidelity. Experience the full excitement of combat through a dynamically driven presentation system that portrays the combat with cinematic quality. Survive pulse-pounding battles against hundreds of on-screen enemies set against the vast landscape of the "Too Human" world. A sweeping orchestral score sets the mood for heartbreak, anger and bloodlust as each tune encapsulates the gamer within the immersive gaming environment.
- New level of accessibility through intuitive combat. Perform Baldur's elaborate and complex combat maneuvers through the press of a button and chain together hundreds of rapid-fire attacks and combos with ease. Through the use of an intuitive combat system, "Too Human" delivers gameplay that is easy to learn and rewarding to master. "Too Human" will introduce combinations of weapons combat on a level that exceeds some fighting games, leaving players in awe.
- Shared experience. Conquer the world of "Too Human" alone or with friends through advanced, four-player online co-op gameplay through the Xbox Live service.
- Modern take on a classic story. "Too Human" chronicles the ongoing struggle between cybernetic gods, giant machines and mortal men on a massive scale never before seen. Play the role of a cybernetic god charged with protecting the human race against a relentless onslaught of machines.
Developer Information: Silicon Knights is the Canadian-based development studio behind critically acclaimed hits such as "Eternal Darkness" and "Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes." Building from the experience of working directly with famed game developers Shigeru Miyamoto and Hideo Kojima, Silicon Knights is committed to development methodologies to elevate games to be the dominant form of entertainment.