Developer Robomodo had a small budget to secure all the music.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, the downloadable compendium of the first two games in the series, will feature seven songs original soundtrack, developer Robomodo has confirmed.
"We definitely wanted to bring back some of the songs from the original soundtrack, but wanted new songs as well," producer Ken Overbey told Sound and Vision. "The most difficulty we had was our budget, which was very small, and the scope and time frame; it was a lot of work to get it all lined up and get the songs in."
"You have to put out a risk analysis report and you have to point out to the publisher what the biggest risks are in the development. Soundtrack, Patrick (Lead designer) and I both agreed, was the number one. Anyone who knows the game knows the music is just as important as the gameplay."
Previously licensed tracks:
- Bring the Noise – Anthrax featuring Chuck D
- Superman – Goldfinger
- When Worlds Collide – Powerman 5000
- Heavy Metal Winner – Consumed
- May 16 – Lagwagon
- No Cigar – Millencolin
- You – Bad Religion
- The Bomb – Pigeon John
- We the People – Lateef the Truthspeaker
- Marathon Mansion! – Pegasuses-XL
- Teenage Blood – Apex Manor
- Please Ask for Help – Telekinesis
- Flyentology (Cassettes Won’t Listen Remix) – El-P featuring Trent Reznor
- USA – Middle Class Rut
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD mixes stages from the first two games in the series, and will be available to download on Xbox LIVE for Xbox 360 and the PlayStation Store for PS3 in June.