2D fighting game coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation Network.
Skullgirls, a 2D fighting game from Reverge labs, will be released tomorrow on Xbox LIVE Arcade, Autumn Games has announced. The North American PSN release is today. The game is priced 1200 MS Points/$14.99.
The European PSN release will follow in the coming weeks.
Skullgirls puts players in control of female warriors in a Dark Deco world. Fighters battle it out for control of a mysterious artefact known as the Skull Heart, which has the power to grant the victor's wishes.
"Fans have been eagerly awaiting Skullgirls since we announced it a year ago. Reverge's passion and love for this game is clear in the artistry of the story and characters and balance in the gameplay," said Jason Donnell, president and COO, Autumn Games. "Skullgirls delivers a state-of-the-art fighting game experience that will appeal to everyone, from tournament level fighters to casual fans, at a $15 price point."
And the game looks set to be a hit in the tournament scene, with appearances at events the world over.
- PowerUp 2012: Cincinnati – April 13-15
- Stunfest: Rennes, France – April 13-15
- ESC: The Elite Series at Wizard World Toronto Comicon: Toronto – April 14-15
- Shadowloo Showdown: Melbourne, Australia – May 4-6
- Toryuken: Toronto – May 19-20
- Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 8: Chicago – May 25-27
- Northwest Majors: Seattle – June 2-3
- Montreal Annual Tournament: Montreal – June 2-3
- East Coast Throwdown: Morristown, N.J. – June 9-10
- CEO 2012: Orlando, Fla. – June 15-17
- Midwest Championships 2012: Nashville, Tenn. – June 22-24
- ESC: Elite Series (Finals): Toronto – July 28
The team behind Skullgirls is led by fighting game champion Mike "Mike Z" Zaimont and artist Alex "o_8" Ahad.