Free game update and temporary price cut until March 6.
Chair Entertainment's iDevice swipe 'em up Infinity Blade has been more successful than its Xbox LIVE Arcade shooter Shadow Complex, Epic Games vice president Mark Rein has told Joystiq.
Rein wouldn't offer any specifics, but added that the app has been "hugely successful".
Epic has also announced the release of a free Infinity Blade update, offering a new dungeon environment and other additions:
- Gain access to the all-new "Dungeon" game play environment.
- Players can battle and explore through six new game arenas, which nearly doubles the size of the game.
- Featuring The Deathless Kings, players will encounter ten new enemies, including the Wood Jester, the Iron Guard, the Plated Sorok, the Warden, and more.
- Fans will have the ability to continue building their character with NewGame+, which allows gamers to re-master any item, unlock new items in the store, and removes the level cap.
- Collect and master more than 30 all-new magic rings, swords, shields, helmets, and armour.
- Gain new achievements and compete on the leaderboards.
- Enjoy new gameplay enhancements and optimizations, including multiple character slots, dodge button size slider, and audio volume controls.
In addition, Epic is also running a price promotion on the game, slashing the price to £1.79 until Sunday, March 6.