The Shift 2 Unleashed Speedhunters DLC will be released May 17 for Xbox 360 and PS3, EA has announced.
The new digital expansion offers players a whole new career path with new game modes, cars and tracks inspired by the expansive network of automotive photographers, journalists and drivers at Speedhunters.com.
New career branches include Drag and Standing mile, each offering nine new events where players will only be able to use manual gear change. Drag judges the fastest time over a quarter mile stretch, and Standing Mile judges the fastest speed achieved over a mile stretch.
Speedhunters also features two new cars - Chris Rado's World Racing Pro-FWD Reaper Scion tC and Koz's Dodge Viper GTS by Twins Turbo, as well as 12 specially tuned Speedhunters vehicles available to compete in all disciplines.
1. Dodge Challenger R/T Speedhunters
2. Lexus LFA Speedhunters
3. Mazda RX-7 (FC3S) Speedhunters
4. McLaren MP4-12C Speedhunters
5. Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 Speedhunters
6. Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Speedhunters
7. Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION IX MR-edition Speedhunters
8. Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (S30) Speedhunters
9. Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (C10) Speedhunters
10. Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Speedhunters
11. Pagani Huayra Speedhunters
12. Toyota Supra Speedhunters
13. Dodge Viper GTS by Twins Turbo (Rival/reward car)
14. World Racing Pro-FWD Reaper Scion tC (Rival/reward car)
On top of this you also get six new tracks:
1. Miyatomi Drag Strip
2. Miyatomi Mile
3. Aguera Drag Strip
4. Agueda Aerodrome
5. Nevada Drag Strip
6. Nevada Freight Yard
Shift 2 Unleashed Speedhunters is priced 800 MS Points on Xbox LIVE and £7.99 on PSN - the release on PS3 is reliant on PSN being back online.