Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition takes the UK All Formats Chart No.1 for a third successive week, thanks to a 13 per cent increase in sales week on week.
The retail-packaged block-builder has now equalled Microsoft's previous record holder for an unbroken run at No.1, Forza Motorsport 2, which managed three weeks at the top back in 2007.
FIFA 13 continues to benefit from the hype around the imminent start of the Premier League season, with sales up 24 per cent to climb two places to No.2. Ubisoft's The Smurfs 2 is also up 35 per cent and moves up two places to No.3.
Namco Bandai's Tales of Xillia is new at No.4, forcing Nintendo's Animal Crossing: New Leaf down to No.5.
UKIE Games Charts, compiled by GfK Chart-Track, (All Prices) Week 32, 2013
1. MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION
2. FIFA 13
3. THE SMURFS 2
4. TALES OF XILLIA
5. ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF
6. THE LAST OF US
7. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II
8. LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES
9. TOMB RAIDER
10. ASSASSIN'S CREED III
11. FAR CRY 3
12. NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED
13. GRAND THEFT AUTO IV
14. LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS
15. MAX PAYNE 3
16. THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM - LEGENDARY
17. MARIO AND LUIGI: DREAM TEAM BROS.
18. GRAND THEFT AUTO EPISODES - LIBERTY CITY
19. BATTLEFIELD 3
20. SAINTS ROW: THE THIRD - THE FULL PACKAGE
Payday 2 and Disney's Planes are Friday's only new releases, with the budget priced Payday 2 well-placed to take the No.1 spot from Minecraft. Planes should also do well thanks to the film's promotion, but has Smurfs – another kid-focussed title – to contend with.
Also look out for FIFA 13 which may see yet another sales boost thanks to the start of the new Premier League season on Saturday.