The Metro: Last Light Faction Pack, the first DLC for the post-apocalyptic shooter, will be released on Steam, Xbox LIVE and PSN (North America) on July 16, Deep Silver has announced. PlayStation gamers outside of the US will have to wait an extra day to get their hands on the content.
The Faction Pack includes three original single-player missions, each putting the player in the boots of a different specialist from the warring Factions:
- As a Special Detachment Sniper of the Redline, players must infiltrate a heavily guarded Reich Outpost at night, under the cover of a deadly radioactive storm
- before defending the front line as a Reich 'Heavy', armed with some of the most devastating weaponry found in the Metro.
- Players take the role of a Polis Ranger in training, tasked with exploring the vast Library complex for artefacts and relics. Salvage can be exchanged for ammunition, filters and hazard suits allowing ever deeper exploration into the Library. Rangers are advised to light torches and leave a trail of lights so they can find their way back to the base before their precious oxygen runs out.
Faction Pack is priced £3.99/400 MS Points, and is included as part of the Last Light Season Pass priced £11.99/1200 MS Points.
Deep Silver also offered details on future DLC packs:
- The 'Tower Pack' presents a unique experience for seasoned Metro gunslingers – a challenge based game mode, with online Leaderboard support, as players fight their way up the combat simulator known as The Tower.
- The 'Developer Pack' boasts a fully stocked Shooting Gallery, the AI Arena and Metro Museum. And a bonus solo mission – The Spiders' Nest – offers some new tools for dealing with an infestation of the skittering Spider mutants.
- The Chronicles Pack will feature original single player missions that cast the player as three of the game's standout characters – Pavel, Khan and Anna – and explore their side-stories away from Artyom's adventure.
Source: Press release