A new title update has been rolled out for Max Payne 3 ahead of today's Deathmatch Made in Heaven DLC release. In addition to updating the game to support the new content, the update also make a number of fixes and improvements:
- Slightly increased the rate of fire and the accuracy of the IMG 5.56 and fixed an issue where it would occasionally jam between bursts
- Fixed a reloading issue with the M24
- Fixed an issue where the auto 9mm would sometimes change fire mode when toggling the laser sight on/off
- Fixed an issue where the scope and laser attachments for the IA2 AR rifle would occasionally not work
- Fixed an issue where the grenade indicators would sometimes not display correctly
- Improved fix for instance of players occasionally getting stuck in cover during the single player campaign
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally have trouble aiming using Southpaw controls in the single player campaign
- Fixed an issue where certain users received an error message when selecting Social Club from the Main Menu
- Fixed an issue with signing up to Social Club in-game for Japanese users
Meanwhile, Rockstar has detailed the new close-quarters weaponry included in the new DLC.
THE CATTLE PROD
Not just for herding livestock anymore. Use the Cattle Prod to get your enemies in line - perfect for running up on opponents in close quarters and freezing them with a high voltage shock before you finish them off with a devastating melee attack. Having a splash effect, this weapon has the ability to hit multiple targets that are bunched up close together in a defensive stance.
THE NIGHT STICK
The Night Stick has been a reliable tool for civil law enforcement going back to Victorian times. In Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, you can equip it to not only issue a good old fashioned melee beatdown when in close combat - but also to give the unlucky player on the wrong end of the stick a spawn disadvantage – poor vision, low health and stamina. The Night Stick is particularly useful in team games, where a teammate can get an easy kill on a respawned player.
THE STUN GUN
The stun gun is an ideal weapon for incapacitating your enemy. By temporarily cutting off muscle movement, your adversary will be utterly helpless. Capable of making contact from a short to medium distance range, your target will drop to the floor instantly, giving you the ability to end them with ease. The stun gun is especially useful against players with above-average health, such as Takedown targets in Gang Wars or those using the Big Dog and Unstoppable Bursts.
Pepper Spray can be a dastardly and beneficial tool. Equip it in one hand with a trusty firearm in the other, and spray it in enemies' faces to temporarily blind them. Then bring the pain. The Pepper Spray has the same blinding effect as the strongest level of the Hangover burst.
THE BOUNCING BETTY
A brand new projectile, the Bouncing Betty is quite the versatile weapon. If you like to snipe, just tactically place a Betty where you think enemies will attempt to sneak attack you and they will be toast. Another helpful strategy is to place them in high traffic movement areas, such as doors and entrances, guaranteeing you some kills. This weapon is also great for Gang Wars during capturing and protecting rounds.
Deathmatch Made in Heaven, the final DLC for Max Payne 3, will be released for all platforms today – although European PS3 gamers must wait until January 30. Rockstar Pass owners will receive the new content for free, with everyone else having to part with 800 MS Points / $9.99.