First week total eclipses lifetime UK sales of the original.
GfK ChartTrack reports that Blizzard's StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty has entered the All Formats All Prices UK video game chart at No.1, becoming the first PC exclusive to hit the No.1 spot this year.
The highly anticipated sequel sold more in its first week than the original game has in its lifetime (boxed product only).
There are no other new entries this week so it's all pretty much as we were, just shifted down a place.
The summer draught looks set to continue next week too, with only movie tie-in, The Last Airbender, likely to have any chance of a Top 20 place.
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C)2001 ELSPA Ltd Entertainment Software (All Prices) Week 30, 2010
1. STARCRAFT II: WINGS OF LIBERTY
2. TOY STORY 3
3. RED DEAD REDEMPTION
4. DANCE ON BROADWAY
5. LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 1-4
6. JUST DANCE
7. DRAGON QUEST IX: SENTINELS STARRY SKIES
8. CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2
9. SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2
10. BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2
11. TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 11
12. FIFA 10
13. 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP SOUTH AFRICA
14. PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE FORGOTTEN SANDS
15. BIOSHOCK 2
16. WII SPORTS RESORT
17. WII FIT PLUS
18. CRACKDOWN 2
19. TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL: CONVICTION
20. SNIPER: GHOST WARRIOR