GTA 5 launched without a hitch, but the same can't be said of GTA Online which rolled out yesterday and continues to suffer stability issues.
Rockstar has been updating its support pages with the most common problems and published a status update overnight.
"We are continuing to look into these issues and are working around the clock on resolving them as quickly as possible," said Rockstar. "This includes close monitoring of our Support systems, forums, social media, and in-game data to measure traffic along with Community sentiment to ensure ongoing improvements to stability. Please stay tuned for more updates."
The current list of GTA Online issues include:
- Occasional "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen
- Intermittent "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying "Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join"
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc).
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- Errors saying "Mission Failed" as soon as the mission begins during a session
Rockstar had earlier apologised for "any inconvenience" and thanked fans for their patience while issues were being resolved.
That patience will begin to wear thin should problems with GTA Online persist as gamers become desperate to get stuck into the highly anticipated online experience.