Rockstar has released a new title update for Grand Theft Auto 5 said to fix "multiple issues causing character deletion [and] other loss of progress", and various other issues related to GTA Online.
The update is available to download now on PlayStation 3 and is coming soon to Xbox 360.
The full list of tweaks featured in the patch include:
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
It still isn't known whether players who have previously lost their online characters will be able to recover them, but Rockstar is said to be "working diligently" on a solution.