Microsoft has announced that it's not just the summer sun that's sizzling, but also a great line-up of titles coming soon to Xbox LIVE Arcade.
Scheduled for release this month are SEGA's Ecco the Dolphin, an underwater adventure starring everyone's favourite bottlenose dolphin; Carbonated Games' Hexic 2, the sequel to Hexic HD which came bundled with the Xbox 360 hard drive; and Ubisoft's War World, an online multiplayer extravaganza featuring armoured mechanoids.
There's much more to come in the months that follow too:
- Geon: Emotions (Eidos): Engage in the unique sport of Geon, where you must master a diverse range of emotions to best your opponents.
- Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (D3Publisher of America, Inc.): Addictive and easy-to-learn, this game integrates story and character progression elements found in RPGs delivering a brand new type of game that pushes the puzzle genre to a whole new level.
- Space Giraffe (Llamasoft): Created by genre-defining game designer Jeff Minter, "Space Giraffe" is a psychedelic shooter that spans 100 levels, all set against vivid, pulsating backgrounds that synchronize with any custom music selection.
- Streets of Rage 2 (Sega): One of the most popular side-scrolling beat 'em ups of the 90's gets the Xbox LIVE Arcade treatment, complete with enhanced graphics, sound, Achievements and multiplayer modes.
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (Capcom): This game combines addictive puzzle action with favourite Capcom fighting characters including Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Morrigan.
More than 100 Xbox LIVE Arcade titles will be available by the year's end.