FIFA 13 update rolls onto consoles this weekend, regular maintenance scheduled from tomorrow.
A title update for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of FIFA 13 will be released this weekend, fixing the game's Career Mode crash bug and connection issues related to Online Seasons.
"The FIFA 13 launch has seen the largest amount of daily online play for any game in EA history," said EA Sports on the FIFA 13 website. "Your feedback to date has already helped us optimize connectivity for users, as well as tweak applications and game modes."
In addition to fixing issues "that have had the biggest impact on our fans", EA Sports says that the title update will also update the stability of Game Face and the Ultimate Team Online Tournament Hub, and include a variety of other fixes.
Here's the full list of fixes included in the update:
- Connection stability in Online Seasons when finding an opponent in the Arena, and at kick-off.
- Career Mode freeze while starting a new career with free agents.
- Career Mode hangs when using Game Face.
- Stability in Career Mode when players retire or are being bought back from loan.
- Users will no longer be able to lower difficulty settings in a FUT Seasons match.
- Freeze in FUT Online Tournament HUB on PS3.
- Napoli of Serie A will now have fully authentic kits and crests in FIFA and FIFA Ultimate Team.
- Legacy defending and passing assistance options removed in Pro Clubs.
- Freeze in Pro Clubs Results screen.
- Matchmaking settings in Pro Clubs (with "ANY" and "Match Keeper") will provide the desired results.
- Changes made in National Squad not properly reflected in Manager Mode screen.
- (PC Only) Freeze while retrieving Hospitality Settings.
The title update is already available to download for the PC version.
Further updates for FIFA 13 are also planned to roll-out later this month, alongside ongoing "regular maintenance" from tomorrow.
"Some fans may wonder why we can't fix all the known issues at once," EA Sports continued. "That's a fair question and the answer isn't quite as simple.
"We are delivering improvements and fixes in such a way to ensure the millions of people playing FIFA 13 each day do not experience undue or overly lengthy network/server outages, that title updates and other improvements are done to a high quality, and that we're confident the changes will improve the FIFA 13 experience for everyone."