UPDATE: Codemasters has confirmed that the F1 2013: Classic Edition is a "limited edition, premium package which includes F1 2013, featuring all new classic content from the 1980s [available in Standard Edition], and is expanded with further content from the 1990s and additional Classic Tracks".
- F1 Classics: 1980s Content [Available in Standard & Classic Edition] includes:
- Five iconic cars from Ferrari, Williams & Lotus
- Ten legendary drivers including Nigel Mansell, Mario Andretti, Emerson Fittipaldi, Gerhard Berger and others
- Circuito De Jerez – Former host of the Spanish GRAND PRIX
- Brands Hatch – Legendary former home of the British GRAND PRIX
- F1 Classics: 1990s Pack Content [Available only in Classic Edition] includes:
- Six Iconic cars from Ferrari & Williams
- A host of famous drivers including David Coulthard, Eddie Irvine, Alain Prost, Jacques Villeneuve and others
- Classic Tracks Pack [Available only in Classic Edition] includes:
- Imola – Former host of the San Marino GRAND PRIX
- Estoril – Past home of the Portuguese GRAND PRIX
- All The Official 2013 Content Reflecting what is shaping up to be one most exciting seasons yet, F1 2013 will feature all the cars, circuits and stars from the 2013 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.
A price for either edition has yet to be announced.
ORIGINAL STORY: The biggest addition to this year's Formula 1 game is the inclusion of classic cars and drivers – but not all of the content will be available in the standard edition of the game, it's been revealed.
Instead, F1 2013 will be released in two editions: the standard edition and the 'Classic Edition'.
According to our man on the ground at the game's reveal event, F1 2013's Standard Edition includes "all the updates from the 2013 season," including "Hamilton's switch to Mercedes, Perez's move to Mclaren and all the updated rules and tyre changes," but only "some of the Classic content".
Instead, the Classic Edition will include all of the content and updates found in the standard edition, along with two extra content packs, including classic content from the 1990s and additional classic tracks.
All Classic Edition content will be available as DLC for the standard edition "following the game's September release".
Codemasters had not confirmed the price difference between the standard and Classic Editions at the time of writing, or whether all planned Classic content will be available to Classic Edition purchasers at the time of release.
F1 2013 launches on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC this September. For more info on the classic content - and other changes set to be included in this year's edition - head through to our hands-on preview and in-depth interview.
Source: F1 2013 Press Event