Welcome to Heads-up, our weekly feature which gives you an at-a-glance run-down on the games you'll be able to buy or rent this weekend. Every Monday we'll pick out the best of the bunch, link to our reviews and previews and keep you in the video game loop so you have enough time to pre-order for Friday's post. Time to smash open your piggy bank so you can spend its coin-shaped guts.
Crazy season is upon us, with September 21 being the busiest release day in recent memory. Borderlands 2 is probably the biggest hitter of the bunch, likely to sell truckloads thanks to positive early reviews and a large fan base. F1 2012 might feel a slight pinch due to over familiarity with the game, but F1 fanatics are likely to lap it up.
PES 2013 manages to launch a week before FIFA 13, which gives it a good shot of selling well, and early online murmurings are positive about the changes to this year's game. Finally, LittleBigPlanet Vita is well worth picking up if you're a Vita owner, although given the strong line-up this week I have a feeling LBP might suffer from being second or third choice.
- Borderlands 2 - Xbox 360, PS3, and PC
- F1 2012 - Xbox 360, PS3 and PC
- PES 2013: Pro Evolution Soccer - Xbox 360, PS3, and PC
- LittleBigPlanet Vita - PS Vita
Worth a look
Uncharted 3 divided opinion somewhat on its release, with many preferring the second game in the series, but the third game is still well-worth playing. If you've yet to jump in, the Game of the Year Edition includes all previously released DLC. There's also the rather large Learn with Pokemon: Typing Adventure to consider this week, which is far more enjoyable than it really has any right to be.
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Game Of The Year Edition - PS3
- Learn With Pokemon: Typing Adventure - DS
And the rest...
- Ubisoft Triple Pack: Beyond Good & Evil HD / From Dust / Outland - Xbox 360
- Worms Collection - PS3
- The Testament Of Sherlock Holmes - Xbox 360, PS3, and PC
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors - PS3