The first in a series of planned after-hours EA-sponsored community events.
GAME has announced a series of after-hours gaming events taking place across the UK at selected GAME stores, giving consumers the chance to try out unreleased EA games.
The first of the "EA lock-ins" will feature Dead Space 3 and is set to take place on a variety of Sundays beginning on January 6.
In addition to playing the upcoming sci-fi action title, EA and GAME will be providing a variety of snacks and drinks to those in attendance.
You can register for the events by visiting a participating store or send them a tweet to be in with a chance of taking part. Spaces are limited, and you must be over 18.
Anna-Marie Mason, marketing director at GAME said: "We are extremely excited about partnering with EA to offer customers an exclusive sneak peek at their latest titles at the upcoming lock-ins. They're going to be really fun events where the gaming community can get together to test out the latest games and swap notes with a drink in hand and snacks on tap – what more could you want?!"
Dead Space 3, dates and locations:
- 6th January 2013: Westfield Stratford
- 6th January 2013: Birmingham Bullring
- 6th January 2013: Glasgow
- 8th January 2013: Newcastle
- 9th January 2013: White Rose, Leeds
- 9th January 2013: Kingston
- 11th January 2013: Watford
- 13th January 2013: Sheffield Meadowhall
- 13th January 2013: Cardiff
- 13th January 2013: Bluewater
- 15th January 2013: Nottingham
- 15th January 2013: Southampton
- 17th January 2013: Norwich
- 17th January 2013: Reading
- 19th January 2013: Bristol
- 20th January 2013: Thurrock
- 20th January 2013: Manchester
- 7th February 2013: Belfast
Source: Press release