Includes upcoming expansion.
Trine 2: Director's Cut for Wii U will be the definitive console version of the game, developer Frozenbyte has claimed.
Set to launch this holiday season, Trine 2: Director's Cut features the acclaimed original game with numerous enhancements and gameplay polish, plus a new game mode called "Magic Mayhem" designed exclusively for Wii U.
The upcoming Trine 2 expansion will also be included in the Director's Cut.
"We are thrilled to work on Wii U and bring the best version of Trine 2 to the platform," said Lauri Hyvärinen, CEO of Frozenbyte. "Trine 2: Director's Cut features many things that we had to cut from the original release on other platforms and a completely new user experience tailored especially for Wii U. We are also going to introduce the new "Magic Mayhem" party mode that brings the frantic multiplayer of Trine 2 into a more challenging environment where players can battle and laugh together."
"Simultaneously we are working on the upcoming expansion for Trine 2, which will come out on Wii U at the same time. It will provide a fantastically exhilarating adventure following the heroic trio of Amadeus, Pontius and Zoya – or as otherwise known, the Wizard, the Knight and the Thief. The expansion is our best work yet and absolutely stunning in every respect, and is going to be a fantastic experience on Wii U."
- Director's Cut is "the developers' vision of Trine 2" fully formed
- Physics-based puzzles with fire, water, gravity and magic
- Accessible for both casual and hardcore gamers thanks to the new control system designed for Wii U, taking full advantage of the touch screen for intuitive character controls
- More than 100 improvements to the original game, including polished gameplay features, level geometry adjusts, new vocals and character interactions, and user experience improvements
- Online and local co-op with up to three players, with special multiplayer features for Wii U GamePad and support for up to three Wii Remotes.
- Superb graphics and next-gen visuals using impressive technical effects, making Wii U the definite console version
- Upgrade your characters to suit your play style and to learn amazing new skills
- Save anywhere to play as long or short sessions as you like and use the Unlimited Character Mode and Game+ for replay value
- Hidden collectibles for extra adventuring
- Amazing 19-track fantasy soundtrack
- Full language support for English, French, German and Spanish, and optional subtitling for more than 10 languages
- Campaign support for the new skills from the upcoming expansion
- Director's Cut includes the exclusive Magic Mayhem "party mode" for up to 4 players in online and offline multiplayer