Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge will launch for Wii U on January 11, giving early Wii U owners something to look forward to in the New Year.
Ryu Hayabusa returns and must fight to lift a curse that threatens to destroy him. This new Wii U version expands on the original release, with six weapons - Sword, Claws, Scythe, Dual Katana, Staff and Kusari-Gama - each with its own unique strengths. The number of available Ninpo has also been increased from one to three.
The game also boasts a host of other features exclusive to Wii U:
- The return of Dismemberment: Wii U version of the game restores enemies' ability to fight with severed arms or legs, requiring players to stay nimble with their battle strategies.
- Ayane as a playable character: In previous versions of the game, Ayane appeared only briefly in one cut scene. Now players can help her progress through her own exclusive chapters using a special set of weapons and Ninpo attacks.
- Character-progression system: Using Karma points earned during gameplay, players can upgrade weapons and Ninpo, learn new moves, increase their HP level and unlock new character costumes.
- Ryu and Ayane playable in co-op mode: For the first time, players can use Ryu or Ayane to represent themselves in the game's online co-op mode.
- Test of Valor battle areas: Each chapter includes a hidden battle area called Test of Valor. Upon finding hidden Crystal Skulls, players will be transported to these areas to face down waves of enemies and classic Ninja Gaiden boss characters with new moves.
- Wii U GamePad Functionality: Using the Wii U GamePad, players can easily change weapons or Ninpo attacks, and also quickly reference the button inputs required for various combo attacks without ever stopping the action.
- Additional Playable Characters: After the launch of the game, additional playable characters will become available as free downloadable content. More information on these characters will be revealed at a later time.