Square Enix's critically lauded Deus Ex Human Revolution has topped the sales charts in the US for August. Released in the last week of the sales tracking period, the game managed to shift 244,000 units - not including digital downloads on services like Steam.
Elsewhere the chart is a little limp, with August proving to be incredibly barren for new titles. EA's NCAA Football 12 managed to snag second place, narrowly missing out on first by 4,000 units. The rest of the top 10 is made up by heavy hitters such as Black Ops, Just Dance, Lego Pirates, Zumba and Zelda.
August 2011 US software chart:
01. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360, PS3, PC)
02. NCAA Football 12 (360, PS3)
03. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC)
04. Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd (NDS, Wii, PS3)
05. Cars 2 (NDS, Wii, 360, PS3, PC)
06. Just Dance Summer Party (Wii)
07. Just Dance 2 (Wii)
08. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSP, PC)
09. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
10. Zumba Fitness: Join the Party (Wii, 360, PS3)
Sales of Deus Ex Human Revolution aren't exactly breathtaking, but the game should go on to good things once global and digital sales are taken into account. It's also got a good chance of charting in the top 10 in September, although will struggle to appear near the top.