Lots of free muisc packs, eight cars and six courses by the end of May 2012.
Following confirmation that Ridge Racer for PS Vita would ship with a paltry three courses, Namco Bandai has confirmed the release schedule for DLC - the game will expand with six further courses and eight cars.
However, before the proper DLC begins to roll-out from February 23, players will be offered a selection of Music Packs free of charge.
Japanese DLC Release Schedule:
- 12th January: Music Pack 3 Ridge Racer V #1, Music Pack 4 Ridge Racers #1 -- Free
- 19th January: Music Pack 5 Ridge Racers #2 -- Free
- 26th January: Music Pack 6 Ridge Racers #3 -- Free
- 2nd February: Music Pack 7 Ridge Racer 6 #1 -- Free
- 9th February: Music Pack 8 Ridge Racer 6 #2 -- Free
- 16th February: Ridge Racer Pass. Priced ¥1,600, this lets you purchase all the download content that will be released between February and May. Through 29th February, this will be discounted to ¥1,000.
- 23rd February: Car 1 Promessa, priced ¥250, and Course 1 Old Central, priced ¥400. These two will be free through 29th February. Also due on the 23rd is Music Pack 10 Ridge Racer 7 #1, also free.
- 3rd March: Cars 2 to 4, priced ¥250 each, and Course 2 and 3, priced ¥400 each. Music Pack 11 to 15, available for free. A "Medley" will also be released, priced ¥100.
- April to May: Cars 5 to 8, priced ¥250 each, and Course 4 to 6 priced ¥400, Music Pack 16 to 19 free, and New Song Pack 2 and Medley 2 for ¥100 each.
In Japan Ridge Racer will retail around 20 per cent cheaper than other retail Vita titles, though all the DLC will raise this price to be in-line with the other retail releases.
Ridge Racer arrives in the UK alongside the PS Vita on February 22 so we're assuming the DLC schedule for courses and cars will pick up roughly where it does in Japan on February 23. Our prediction is that the Ridge Racer Pass will cost around £10 in the UK.