Lumines II, the sequel to Q Entertainment's critically praised music-based block puzzler, will be the first handheld video game to feature artists' actual music videos.
"In order to showcase my vision for 'Lumines II,' we needed to find music and videos with just the right tone, mix and energy to incorporate into the game," said Tetsuya Mizuguchi, chief creative officer of Q ENTERTAINMENT. "I couldn't be happier with the result and am excited to get the game into players' hands."
Music videos in the game will include:
- Beck - "Black Tambourine"
- Black Eyed Peas - "Pump It"
- Chemical Brothers - "Star Guitar"
- Fatboy Slim - "Gangster Trippin'"
- The Go! Team - "Bottle Rocket"
- Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl"
- Hoobastank - "Born to Lead"
- Junior Senior - "Take My Time"
- Missy Elliott - "Lose Control"
- New Order - TBD
Appearing in the soundtrack, but without a music video are Breezer by Junkie XL, and Reality Check from Stigmato Inc. Lumines II will also feature exclusive music from Japanese artist Shinichi Osawa, also known as MONDO GROSSO. Osawa provided the opening track for the first Lumines title. Tracks from Ken Ishii (DJ/producer) and TECHRIDERS will also appear.
Lumines II is scheduled for release in North America in November. Currently no European release has been announced.