FIFA 12 is a distant second favourite.
Bookmakers have made Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 the overwhelming odds-on favourite to claim Christmas No.1 2011.
Ladbrokes has the blockbuster shooter at 1/12 whilst Paddy Power has the game at even stringier odds of 1/16.
If the bookies are right then Modern Warfare 3 will be the third Call of Duty game in three years to claim the Christmas No.1, following Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops.
"Call of Duty looks nailed on to grab the top spot and the others look to be playing for second place only," said Ladbrokes spokesman Alex Donohue.
"We've never known odds so short for a game to be number one at this early stage."
Christmas No.1 is based on sales for the week ending December 17, meaning BioWare's Star Wars: The Old Republic will miss out.
Ladbrokes odds (subject to change):
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – 1/12
- FIFA 12 – 9/1
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations – 20/1
- Gears of War 3 – 25/1
- Dark Souls – 40/1
- Rage – 40/1
- Battlefield 3 – 40/1
- Dead Island – 50/1
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 – 50/1
- Mario Kart 7 – 50/1
- The Adventures of Tintin – Secret of the Unicorn – 50/1
- Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception – 66/1
- Batman: Arkham City – 66/1
- Halo: Anniversary Edition – 66/1
- F1 2011 – 100/1
- NBA 2K12 – 100/1
- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games – 100/1
- Need for Speed: The Run – 100/1
- Saints Row: The Third – 100/1
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – 100/1
Paddy Power odds (subject to change)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – 1/16
- FIFA 12 – 6/1
- Gears of War 3 – 10/1
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 – 33/1
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII– 40/1
- Mario Kart 7 – 40/1
Those fancying a flutter might want to look elsewhere for any chance of a decent payout, with FIFA 12 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations looking most likely. Best odds on FIFA 12 are 9/1, whilst you'll get 20/1 for Assassin's Creed. A price drop on FIFA 12 in the run up to Christmas at a major retailer could give EA's title a good chance of causing an upset.
We've got a little insider tip for you too. Don't put any money on Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Considering the game doesn't even have a release date yet, we're pretty confident it won't be Christmas No. 1.