A new title update for Watch Dogs has finally introduced the option to let players hack their friends in online multiplayer.
The system previously connected players at random, with no option for users to select their friends.
But now, if you want to hack somebody on your friends list, just select them from the grid and you'll be able to enter their game world to tail or hack them.
As well as the new friends option, patch 1.03 also introduces a new penalty system that pairs players who frequently disconnect from multiplayer matches with those who behave similarly.
Meanwhile, a new option to reset previously played Gang Hideouts and Convoy Missions once the main story line has been completed has also been added to the single-player campaign, while the Drinking Games have been "re-tuned" based on feedback from the community.
The patch will begin rolling out on all platforms today in Europe and America, and on August 26 in Asia.
For the full patch notes, take a look below.
Single Player Added Features
- REPLAY OPTIONS - After having completed the main story line, players will now have the option to reset previously played Gang Hideouts and Convoy Missions. – (ALL PLATFORMS)
- DRINKING GAMES - The Drinking Games were re-tuned based on community feedback. – (ALL PLATFORMS)
Multiplayer Added Features
- HACK YOUR FRIENDS – You can now select available friends via the grid and hack or tail them without their knowledge. This can be disabled under online options. – (ALL PLATFORMS)
- CTOS MOBILE – Mobile players disconnecting will no longer result in the gameplay ending for the console/PC player. Console and PC players will play their match to the end and receive some Notoriety points for doing so. – (ALL PLATFORMS)
- MULTIPLAYER BAD BEHAVIOR – Players who are frequently disconnecting from multiplayer matches will be pooled together and paired only against players with similar online behaviors. – (ALL PLATFORMS)
Single Player Fixes
- POKER – Fixed a bug in which players were getting stuck playing poker if they used the camera against the last opponent in a low stakes game. – (ALL PLATFORMS)
- MISSING PERSONS INVESTIGATIONS – Fixed instances in which the wrong text was appearing in Portuguese language. – (ALL PLATFORMS)